For my senior project, I wanted to be a resource for people in their writing endeavors. So, I created an Instagram account named @thewr1tingcoach that gives people free advice on writing, including techniques, places to check grammar, free online resources, simple grammar lessons, how to write blogs, etc. In addition to this social media page, I created and launched a website using Weebly that contained a selection of blogs that I posted regularly.
My primary goal is to help both high school and college students improve their writing by offering simple tips and lessons to strengthen their abilities.
Objectives, Strategies, and Tactics
After reviewing competitor websites and social media, I set the following objectives with the timeline of six weeks:
- Increase page followers from 0 to 300 by June 24, 2021
- Increase post engagement by 25% by June 24, 2021
- Increase post reach by 50% by June 24, 2021
These strategies will achieve these objectives:
- Weekly blogs
- Engaging content for Instagram
- SEO data analysis
- Social media audit
- Have bloggers and other influencers promote my page
These individual tactics will achieve the strategies:
- Post on social media weekly
- Develop and stick to a content calendar for posts and blogs
- Measure social media insights weekly and analyze what went well and what needs to be improved
- Measure site builder analytics and analyze how progress is going
- Compare what I am posting to competitors
- Develop a website
- Write SEO
- Develop a set of different performing hashtags. Each hashtag should have a different number of followers between 100 and 1,000,000
- Compile blogs into an eBook using the software Beacon
If you would like to view the PR campaign book in more detail, view it here: PR campaign book
The traffic generated to my website has been very good. These graphs illustrate the progress of my traffic for May 21st to June 21st.
These promotional pages featured my writing:
As of June 23rd, my final number of followers was 6,210.
Time and Money spent
I spent a total of $30 to upgrade my Weebly site. This included a custom domain and website analytics.
Total time spent: 55.5 hours
Given my audience’s positive response, The Writing Coach will continue far beyond just this senior project. I intend to continue to post regularly, gain followers, and write blogs for my audience. I am grateful I had this opportunity to start The Writing Coach and for the positive feedback I have received from users throughout the world. I will be turning my blog posts into a free eBook users can download in the future.
One Instagram user said, “I had no idea I was using the semicolon incorrectly.” While another even said, “This makes me want to start my own blog.” There have been other positive responses as well, so I am excited to see what happens in the future.